Monday, July 23, 2007

Short Ribs - GingerSnaps Style (serves 6)

This is my version for Short Ribs; my husband said "These are the best Short Ribs I have ever eaten. You combined the right amount of flavors with tenderness to make a very tasty meal."

Ingredients:

..... 2 tbsp. olive oil

..... 2 tsp. salt

..... 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper

..... 3 lbs. beef short ribs cut into 3 " pieces

..... 3 cups yellow onion thinly sliced

..... 1 1/2 cups baby carrots

..... 1 cup beef broth

..... 1 cup tomato sauce ( I use my homemade)

Set a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Salt and pepper ribs, add to skillet and brown on all sides then remove from pan. Add carrots and onions to skillet and saute until soft.

--- Return ribs to pan, add wine, beef broth and tomato sauce then cover and cook 25-30
minutes or longer if needed

Serve with mashed potatoes and a fresh, mixed green salad.

Wine: I recommend Castle Rock 2006 Sonoma County Pinot Noir

Dessert: Finish the meal with a wonderful Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse from the
Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook.

No comments: